- APSI Home
- Study Abroad
- Project GO
- Affiliated Programs
Funding: Faculty / Course Development Grants
APSI offers course development grants each year. Competition for the grants is annual, with the deadline usually set for sometime in October. The maximum award for each grant is $3,000.
Criteria for Eligibility:
- The course must be taught at least twice in the next five years.
- The course must have at least 25% East or Southeast Asian content.
- APSI core faculty are given priority. Other faculty members are also invited to apply.
- Priority is given to a new course. Next priority is given to an existing course to be taught for the first time by a different faculty member. Proposals from faculty members who are planning to overhaul an existing course are also welcome.
- Both graduate and undergraduate courses are funded, but we strongly encourage 500-level courses, which are open to both undergraduate and graduate students.
- A course with higher East or Southeast Asian content will be given higher priority.
To apply, please submit:
a) a course proposal of at least one page
b) a budget with the specific description of planned use of the funds (i.e. visiting lecturer, teaching materials, research assistant) and
the semester it will be taught, and
c) a letter from your chair confirming that the course will be rostered in the department or an official Request For Approval of Add/Revision of Regular Course Offering signed by your chair.