- APSI Home
- Study Abroad
- Project GO
Funding: Faculty / Research Grants
APSI provides research grants to its core faculty members. Competition for the grants is annual and call for proposals is sent out the latter part of the spring semester.
Priority will be given to:
- Junior faculty or those with low/no alternative funding sources.
- Faculty who need to travel to conduct East Asia-related research.
- Faculty who have not been funded by APSI much recently.
- Faculty who have done conspicuous service for APSI.
Research grant guidelines are as follows:
- The grants provides seed money to launch new research projects, support research write-up projects and research on components of larger on-going projects.
- The total amount that may be awarded to a faculty member in an academic year is $3,000.
- Proposals should include a one paragraph abstract (100 words or less), a fuller description of the project (max. 2 pages), and an estimated budget including, if applicable, other funding sources.
- The proposals will be reviewed by the Executive Committee.
- Each recipient is required to submit a short summary of the research accomplished with the grant within 3 months of completion of the project. This report can simply be a copy of the report sent to the University Research Council, if both awards cover the same project.
- The monies awarded must be used by August 14 of the following year; otherwise, funds revert to APSI.