- APSI Home
- Study Abroad
- Project GO
- Affiliated Programs
Funding: Faculty / Research Grants
Call for research grant proposals, maximum $3,000 per grant, is sent out the latter part of the spring semester, to support research during the summer through the following academic year.
Priority will be given to:
- Junior faculty or those with low/no alternative funding sources.
- Faculty who need to travel to conduct East or Southeast Asia-related research.
- Faculty who have not been funded by APSI recently.
- Faculty who have done conspicuous service for APSI.
Research grant guidelines are as follows:
- The grants provide seed money to launch new research projects, support research write-up projects and support research on components of larger on-going projects.
- The total amount that may be awarded to a faculty member in an academic year is $3,000.
- Proposals should include a one-paragraph abstract (100 words or less), a more detailed description of the project (max. 2 pages), and an estimated budget, including, if applicable, other funding sources.
- Each recipient is required to submit a short summary of the research accomplished with the grant within 3 months of completion of the project. This report can simply be a copy of the report sent to the University Research Council, if both awards cover the same project.
The monies awarded must be used by June 30th of the following year; otherwise, funds revert to APSI.