- APSI Home
- EAS Certificate
- Major/Minor in Chinese, Japanese or Korean
- International Comparative Studies
- Duke Engage
- MA in East Asian Studies
- Regular or CAH Track
- Critical Asian Humanities Track
- Joint JD/MA Program
- Grad Certificate for EA Studies
- EA Studies Courses
- EA Studies Course Archives
- Meiji University Exchange Program
- Study Abroad
- Project GO
- Affiliated Programs
Funding: Faculty / Travel Grants
APSI provides travel grants to faculty to help cover travel expenses for presenting on East Asian topics at conferences and professional meetings. The awards cover up to $700 for presenting at a domestic or an international conference.
Applications are accepted twice a year; with deadlines set for October 1 and February 1. Applications are accepted for travel throughout the entire academic year during the fall grant cycle, so please plan ahead and apply early.
Priority is given to APSI’s core faculty members. Priority is also given to faculty who have not received travel support from APSI recently, and to junior faculty members.
To apply, please submit an application with:
- A statement of your funding needs, including the cost of transportation, lodging, and registration. Please state any other funding sources available.
- Evidence of your paper’s acceptance at the conference, such as conference program or invitation from the conference organizer
- Abstract of the paper to be presented