- Seek God's purpose for your participation in medical missions. Specifically, seek Him in finding a medical preceptorship.
- Start planning early.
- Investigate funding sources.
- Look into different mission organizations.
- Communicate with your preceptor about time, living conditions, expectations, costs required by you, travel arrangement, travel arrangement, immunuzations, etc.
- Talk to other CMDA members who have worked in your proposed missionary setting.
- Look over information on medical missions available from
Med Send or your own medical school.
- Your own church (consider giving a talk about your experiences after the mission)
- Your denomination (for example the Southern Baptist Foreign Mission Board)
- MAP/Reader's Digest
- The Duke Chapel
- Your Dean (The UNC Dean's Office has some funding for student rotations, and Duke has the Davison Scholarship).
- the International Medical Student Studies Program of the American
Medical Association's Department of Medical Student Services
Mission organizations (in no particular order)
Mission organizations of some Duke/UNC CMDA members
If you're involved in a particular ministry and would like to
be a contact person contact Ellis or email us (email@example.com)