Get Involved! Here's how:
Spread the word!
· Download our flier (parentsatdukeflier.doc), print it out, and post it on a bulletin board near you· Link to our web site (http://www.duke.edu/web/parentsatduke) from your personal web pages, or from any other relevant pages· Subscribe to our listserv· Email other Duke parents you know to let them know about our work
Want to make a bigger difference?
Parents @ Duke wants you to help maintain the activism and the community of student and working parents!
Contact the Steering Committee if you're interested in working on our major issues, or if you have an issue that you’d like to explore.
Currently on the table (for details, see our current Working Proposal (proposal2002.pdf)
· Central Campus planning: working toward programming and facilities for Duke parents
· Insurance coverage for children with developmental disabilities
· Increasing availability and affordability of midwifery care
· Extending the Parental Paid Leave Benefit
· Lactation Rooms: See results of the October 2004 campus lactation room survey (LacRmSurvey.pdf)
· Child care
· Creating a Family-Friendly Campus Climate
Topics we are thinking about for the future:
· Helping support parents of school-age children
· Chronic or acute illnesses in family members (elder care, ill spouses or children)
· Using Duke's political power to effect change in family-friendly policies at a city and state level
updated March 9, 2009