questions about this website and/or want to know more
information about SOW?
Margo Hoyler at firstname.lastname@example.org
to be a member of the 2006 SOW team?
now available here.
Completed applications are due Monday, November
28th, 2005. Please send them to Margo Hoyler
by email (email@example.com) or intra-campus mail (Box
• Any Duke student interested in cross-cultural
interaction and documentary work (no previous documentary
experience is necessary).
• It is recommended that you apply to SOW if you
are a freshman or sophomore who will NOT BE STUDYING
ABROAD DURING THE FALL 2006 SEMESTER.
• Juniors who show a lot of enthusiasm and commitment
to the organization may also apply.
Expectations from Students of the World (SOW) team
• Curiosity, dedication, willingness to share
one's experience with others
• Participation in a Weekly pre-trip sessions
(these will require writing, reading and individual
research, similar to a House Course) taught by SOW members
• Participation in a Follow-up House Course taught
by SOW members (Fall semester)
• 5 hours of dedication to SOW per week
• Collaborating on or initiating a post-trip project
(photo exhibit, oral history, visiting Durham public
While the majority of the SOW trip is funded by grants
and other fundraising, it is expected that participants
will provides some individual contribution to the trip
cost. In the past, this has been about $400. Please
contact firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have questions about
the financial commitment or feel that you would be unable
to participate for this reason.
in starting your own SOW chapter at your college of
Courtney Spence at email@example.com