9.20.06 (most current)
- back patio breakfast planned
- 8-10am Saturday Sept. 30th (pre-football game)
- cater coffee
- buy other items: bagels, muffins, fruit, OJ, water, cereal
- need music for event: Wayne Manor speaker system?
- flyer: “Wannamaker Breakfast? Neither would we, so bring her to the Wanny back patio
Saturday morning before Tailgate.”
- Oktoberfest event
- not worth it to spend our budget on event that will be overshadowed
- other event ideas:
- Loco-pops tasting event in conjunction with movie night --> cheap
- Wed. night wine education with Dr. G, encourage Jazz @ MLW after
- Resident suggests "getting to know each other" event involving huge food fight
- multicultural events: salsa on the back patio; progressive dinner in several residents'
- Apparel: allot about 1/3-1/2 budget for this? get something really nice?
- website: http://www.duke.edu/web/wannamaker/
- homework: think of one person you'd like to have come to Duke for the Conversations
program. talk to residents about this!
- overview of quad council meetings
- event and fund planning
- ~$5000/semester to spend
- ice machine petition to campus council facilites fund
- wannamaker social on the back patio
- wannamaker apparel (t-shirts, sweats, etc.?)
- programming requirements
- faculty associate Dr. Gustafson interactions
- wine tasting/alcohol education event
- iron chefs nights
- canned food drive --> service event
- housekeeping/maintenance staff appreciation
- last year: breakfasts. this year: something more interactive?
- possibly: large card signed by wannamaker
- bring speakers to duke to interact with students from wannamaker
- from campus-wide budget, NOT QC budget
- Jon Stewart suggested